YJFL CEO Tim Murray Announces Resignation at Seasons End3rd September, 2022
Announced by YJFL President Ishbel Moodie earlier this month, Tim Murray after four years as YJFL CEO has made known his resignation at the conclusion of the 2022 season.
Tim has been active within the YJFL community since 2008, when his two sons joined Hawthorn Citizens JFC, and since that time has been a Club President, Coach, YJFL Board member (including Vice President and Football Director) and CEO.
At the YJFL, Tim has successfully:
- Implemented the new player payment system
- Established the U16 & extended the Colts boys competitions
- Introduced the U7 pilot, in partnership with AFL Victoria
- Implemented platforms – PlayHQ & OfficialsHQ, and the fixturing engine
- Negotiated with NELP and overseen the move to new facilities at Ford Park
- Introduced live streaming, video & social media services to promote the League and Clubs
- Introduced medic attendance at YJFL matches
- Modernised the YJFL Rules & By-laws
- Established strong relationships for the League with Council leaders
- Navigated the League during the challenging COVID years
Tim has resigned to spend more time with his family. Tim’s passion and commitment to the League was obvious to all who dealt with him.
YJFL President Ishbel Moodie says “on behalf of the Board and the entire YJFL, I wish to say, ‘thank you’ and express my appreciation of Tim’s efforts and wish him well for the future.”